Premier League Pool will replace Championship League Pool in the Matchroom Nineball schedule.
16 players will compete in a league format with an increased prize fund of $100,000 guaranteeing each player $2,500 and the winner taking home $20,000. It will be a non-ranking event broadcast worldwide across two tables.
The format will see the top 12 players on the Matchroom Nineball World Rankings plus 4 wild cards invited.
The first Premier League Pool will take place at the Stadium MK, Milton Keynes in England from Monday February 14 to Monday February 21.
Premier League Pool Format
- All 16 players face each other once across the first five days of play
- After day five, the bottom 6 in the League Table are eliminated
- The remaining 10 players face each other again across days six and seven before 4 more players are eliminated
- The remaining 6 play each other once more on day eight before the top four contend the playoffs
- All group matches race to 5, alternate break
- A win will give a player a point on the league table
- After points, the table will be determined by Rack Difference then Racks Won followed by Head-to-Head record if nothing can split players.
Prize Money – Total $100,000
Play-off Semi Finalists (x2) $8,000